It’s one thing to have a great product, but it’s another thing to know who you want to buy your product. If you don’t find your right target audience, this could tank sales on your dropshipping e-commerce store.
Keep in mind that even though you may have a great product, not every product can appeal to everyone. For example, even look at Facebook Ads. Facebook Ads is all about choosing who you want to target based off age, location, interests.
So, when viewing target audiences, this is what you should focus on.
So together, let’s find your target audience!
Target Audience Analysis
Here is what you want to find in your target audience, just to name the core basics:
- Marital Status
- Education Level
- Income Level
- Cultural and social background
But, from there then you can go into psychographics and determine the wants and needs of your audience.
Why Is This Important?
First, you will gain a better understanding on who really needs your product, which leads to your store looking appealing to potential customers more successfully.
Let’s say that you sell necklaces and your target audience consists of husbands, moms, and women shopping for themselves.
Although all these people can potentially be your customer, you would need to divide them into groups and promote your store with different messaging for all of them.
Another benefit of knowing your target audience is that it helps to curate your marketing budget by allocating your resources to the right place.
This even comes with looking at age as well, like if you are running Facebook ads, you would know that majority of people on Facebook are between 45 and 54 years old, so if that falls into your target audience then you know you want to advertise on Facebook.
All of this leads to helping you be more competitive with another Shopify dropshipping stores and increases your conversion rate.
- Understanding your Product
Much like understanding your audience, you should understand your product first. Know what your product features, what benefits it has and what niche it falls into. This is the first step to knowing what kind of customer will buy your product.
- Focus on Conversions, not just visitors
By creating great content means that you could have a lot of visitors to your website, but if they aren’t buying your product then you aren’t going to make money, and the point of an online store is revenue.
So, make sure you see what kind of visitors are coming to your site, but also look at the demographics of the people that are converting (buying) your product to see how you can target them better.
- Find your Advertising Channel
There are multiple locations to advertise, and some of the most popular include Instagram, Facebook, Google Ads, Pinterest, and YouTube. Do your research on different advertising channels to see where your chosen target audience spends the most time on.
A lot of AliExpress dropshippers spend the majority of their efforts on Facebook, so this always seems like a popular choice. However, the Cost per Acquisition can be extremely high, so if you are looking for a lower CPA consider Google Ads first.
Researching your target audience
Now you understand what your product does and you have discovered both demographic and psychographic information for your target audience, so let’s dig a litter bit deeper.
- Identify Pain Points
Just as discussed in psychographic data, find out what your consumer struggles with, what problems they have and what their needs are. How does your product resolve this problem?
Once you know this, then you can see how your product helps solve your customer’s life in some way and use that in your marketing messaging.
To find the pain points, you can take surveys, analyze audiences, keyword research, Quora Forums, read reviews and research competitors.
- Creating a Persona
A persona is the representation of your ideal customer. Based on all the research you have gathered, you can now create a person that represents your basic customer. This can include thinking about what your customer does everyday and their hobbies, and daily rituals.
Using a person makes websites and marketing campaigns 5 times more attractive to customers! Example of a persona below.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a powerful tool. We recommend getting your Google Analytics certification, which is free from Google! Google Analytics when connected to your website can track user demographics and behaviors and helps you to collect data on everyone that visits your website.
The top 3 areas on Google Analytics to focus on include:
- Demographics, so you can get a clear picture on age and gender;
- Interests, so you can see your users habits, hobbies, topics and more;
- Location, so you know where your users are coming from and what culture your marketing can appeal to.
- Facebook Insights
Much like Google Analytics, Facebook Insights helps you collect your target audience’s information.
When you post, you can see:
- Devices that people are viewing your post from, etc.
The tool can also help you find insights on your Facebook page’s followers, recommendations and previews.
This means that when you run Facebook ads, you can target like minded consumers that you know you already have a strong presence with.
Understanding your audience is key to any e-commerce business, so make sure you do your research!
As they say, know your audience. To begin your dropshipping journey and learn more oin how to run a successful dropshipping store, sign up now for RondeVu today!
- Weekly update – 1 billion of Shopify products, dark modeOne Billion Products from Shopify!Discover even more products from your competitors and add them to your store Switch Between Dark and Light ModeYou now have the option to switch between dark and light mode. Go to your profile and …
- 6 Secrets To Starting Your Own Dropshipping With Little MoneySo you are currently thinking about creating your e-commerce dropshipping business or simply looking for a reliable side hustle. You have done your research and feel that this business model is the one that suits you best. However, …
- Dropshipping Myths That Need to Be Debunked for GoodDropshipping has gained popularity recently, which is not surprising considering that it is a great way to start a business with very little investment. If you consider working with this business model in mind, you most likely have done …
- Starting a General Ecommerce StoreAre you looking to open a general store for your dropshipping business? Well, you came to the right place! We are here to share some useful tips on how to launch your general store specifically for dropshipping. The benefits …